- / Your Council
Bollington Town Council has achieved Quality Parish Council Status (QPS), the benchmark standard which is designed to ensure that local councils represent and involve their communities more effectively: Our assessment covered:
- Our ability to represent the whole community
- Our communication with residents
- Whether we are properly managed and responsible
- Our electoral mandate
- The qualification of the Clerk
- The organisation of our meetings and the records we keep
- Our financial processes and accounts
- Our processes which govern the conduct of members of staff and elected members
This section of our website provides details of our councillors and how to contact them, our Council and committee meetings and when they are scheduled. All councillors attend Council meetings but committee meetings and working groups are made up from some of the councillors. Members of the public are welcome at both Council and committee meetings and can speak without prior appointment with the permission of the chairman or chairwoman.
This website section also provides access to our forthcoming meeting agendas and the minutes of our past meetings. It also provides access to our policies and procedures including our freedom of information policy and how to complain. Our intention is to be as open as possible in dealings with everyone and where we can help we will do our utmost. If you feel that we have not achieved that intention please let us know.
You will see forthcoming planning applications with links to the electronic documents at Cheshire East Council.
There is also the Civic Diary.
On each page of our website is a "have your say" section. Please send us your comments and views.
To contact the Members of the Town Council Click Here
To contact your Cheshire East Council Bollington Ward Councillors Click Here
To contact your MP David Rutley Click Here
Current Planning Applications
Find information on the latest Planning Applications submitted to the council here:
- 17/3337T Mount Hall Nursing Home, Flash Lane, Bollington, Macclesfield, SK10 5AQ
- 17/3359T 10, WOODLEA DRIVE, BOLLINGTON, MACCLESFIELD, CHESHIRE, SK10 5HF
- 17/3251M MIDDLEWOOD HOUSE, GRIMSHAW LANE, BOLLINGTON. SK10 5JB
As a council, it is important that we conduct our business as openly and transparently as possible. That’s why we make available all of our policies, accounting and activities available online as part of the Freedom of Information Publication Scheme.
Sign up to our newsletter
Bollington for Business
There are over 500 businesses of all shapes and sizes operating out of Bollington, from local family butchers to nationwide haulage contractors. Use our new online directory to find them...