Bollington Urban District Council was established in 1895 and was divided into Central, East and West wards. Previously it had been governed by Bollington Local Board of Health from 1862 to 1895.
The urban district was extended to include Kerridge civil parish in 1900. In 1974 it amalgamated with several neighbouring urban and rural district councils to form Macclesfield Borough Council.
Sign up to our newsletter
Bollington for Business
There are over 500 businesses of all shapes and sizes operating out of Bollington, from local family butchers to nationwide haulage contractors. Use our new online directory to find them...