- / Privacy & Cookies
Our Privacy & Cookies Policy
Data Protection Act 1998
Bollington Town Council respects and values the privacy of every individual who contacts us. This policy has been developed to ensure that you feel confident about the privacy and security of your personal information. Bollington Town Council follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information in order to prevent unauthorised access. Personal Data is held on our enquiries database either because of work we have undertaken or are currently engaged in, or because we believe that you may be interested in receiving material from us about our business and services.
Cookies are small text files that websites use to remember information about you. They’re stored on your computer and can only be accessed by the website that created them or your web browser. It is possible to change the cookie settings of your browser to allow or block cookies depending on your preference. To learn more, visit our section on Cookies.
This website uses a number of different cookies depending on how you use the website:
|These cookies are set by Google. Inc and are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
|These cookies are set by the Bollington Town Council website and are essential so that this website can provide visitors with the information they request as they navigate through the website.|
Removing your data from our records
If you would like Bollington Town Council to remove any personal information from our records, then please contact email@example.com write to Town Clerk, Town Hall, Wellington Road, Bollington, Macclesfield, SK10 5JR. Please provide us with your full name and address when contacting us and we will make all reasonable efforts to delete your information from our files if it is deemed appropriate.
This website uses one or more cookies to help us improve your experience when using this website. By visiting our website with your Internet browser set to accept cookies, this tells us that you consent to the use of our website, cookies and other technologies.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that websites use to remember information about you. They’re stored on your computer and can only be accessed by the website that created them or your web browser.
Cookies and browser settings
It is possible to change the cookie settings of your browser to allow or block cookies depending on your preference. We’ve put together some instructions on how to do is in some of the most popular browsers:
- Click the Tools/Preferences menu.
- Select Options and/or click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab
- Click Content settings in the ‘Privacy’ section.
- Make your selection from the options listed depending on which cookies you’d like to block/allow.
- The names of some menu items/settings my differ between the PC and Mac version of Google Chrome.
- Click Tools > Options (or Firefox > Preferences on Mac).
- Click Privacy in the top panel
- Check or uncheck the box next to ‘Accept cookies from sites’ to enable cookies.
- Click OK.
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- Double-click the Internet Options icon.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Click Advanced.
- Select ‘Override automatic cookie handling’ under the ‘Cookies’ section in the Advanced Privacy Settings window.
- Select the ‘Accept’ or ‘Prompt’ option under ‘First-party Cookies.’
- Select the ‘Accept’ or ‘Prompt’ option under ‘Third-party Cookies.’ (If you select the ‘Prompt’ option, you’ll be asked for approval every time a website attempts to send you a cookie.)
- In the Internet Options window, click OK to exit.
- Go to the Safari drop-down menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Click Security in the top panel.
- Under ‘Accept Cookies’ select Only from sites you navigate to.