Road gullies and drains

Cheshire East Council is responsible for gullies and gully grids.

If you think any gully or drain is causing an immediate danger, such as water entering your house, contact Cheshire East Council on 0300 123 5020 during working hours or outside of working hours on 0300 123 5025.

Where there is a flooding emergency or danger to life, call 999.

Report a problem to Cheshire East Council if:

  • water flowing off the road is at risk of entering a building e.g. house or garage
  • there is standing water on the road obstructing safe passage
  • water on the road has not drained away after the rain has stopped
  • there is a risk of ice forming on the road
  • they have not already scheduled maintenance work