Guide to the Support Fund
The Home Energy Support Fund is available to help people who are having difficulty paying for their domestic fuel to feel able to turn their heating on.
Funds have been made available through Cheshire East Council and this is added to by local people making voluntary donations through Just Giving
To qualify the client must:
● Be a resident of Cheshire East
● Be unable to pay their domestic fuel bills
● Be in short-term hardship causing a suspension of any regular income, eg. loss of employment, delay or suspension of welfare benefit payment, relationship breakdown etc.
● Be able to demonstrate that they have contracted with a utility company for domestic fuel.
● Be prepared to engage with us regarding better value with fuel costs.
The fund will provide a maximum of £100 per household towards heating costs.
Payments will be made by BACs or online to the supplier where possible or through vouchers.