Support our local businesses
Bollington is fortunate to have a wealth of local businesses, including many retail outlets offering a diverse range of products.
From quality locally sourced food to unique crafts and gifts there is so much we can buy without venturing to Macclesfield, Handforth Dean or the Trafford Centre!
To quote from Independent Retailer’s website:
“The value our independent traders add to our communities and our local economies has been proven. Stats show that for every £1 spent with a local, independent business, between 50p-70p circulates back into that local economy.
Buying locally supports local traders, their suppliers and the people they depend on to run their businesses. Buying locally boosts the local economy, rebuilding confidence in the community, enabling local businesses to prosper and grow.
Shopping online or out-of-town may save a little time or a little money, but for every £1 spent only 5p trickles back into the local economy.
Buying from local, independent businesses be they shops, cafes, salons, restaurants, market traders or whatever means we each are doing ‘our bit’ to keep our high street, town or village centre ‘open for business’. It is genuinely a case of ‘use it or lose it’. “
By shopping locally you can:
- Discover a range of fresh and exciting products on your doorstep
- Support your local high street and improve the local economy
- Help to create more local jobs in your community
- Enjoy great customer service from people who value your business
- Build long lasting friendships with local shop owners
- Touch and feel the products to make sure you have made the right choice
- Get dedicated help and support with making your product selection
- Give your shop owners feedback about the products you’d like them to stock
- Be sure that your local shop will give you a warm welcome!