Bad Weather Information

After another prolonged spell of heavy rain the river levels are high and there will be more water coming down into the valley from the hills.

Sand and Sand BagsThere is a supply of empty sandbags and sand outside the side of the Town Hall. If you are concerned for your property, or that of a friend/neighbour in Bollington you are welcome to fill some and take them away. Please only take what you need.

If you cannot get access to sand and sandbags there are other options which may provide some protection, for example pillow cases with soil in them or sacks of compost.

Other ways to prepare for flooding;

The gov.uk website provides guidance on how to prepare for flooding, along with how to get help during and after the flood event. There is also useful information on this topic on the FloodHub

The River Bollin catchment, including Knutsford, Wilmslow, Macclesfield and Bollington is our local catchment.

If it is an emergency and there is danger to life as a result of flooding you should call 999

Find out if you’re at risk of flooding in England

You can find out if you’re:

Report it

  • To report flooding of the highway or blocked drains, standing water or flooded property , use the online Report it tool or call 0300 123 5020. The emergency out of hours number is 0300 123 5025.
  • To report flooding on major trunk roads (A55, A483, A556/A550) contact Highways England on 0300 123 5000.
  • To report flooding from sewers and/or water pipes contact United Utilities on 03456 723723.
  • For general queries about main river flooding contact the Environment Agency on 03708 506506 or visit www.gov.uk/environment-agency
  • For advice and enquiries about flood warnings contact the Environment Agency’s Floodline on 0345 9881188.