In 2022, Cheshire and Wirral Partnership, NHS Cheshire and Merseyside, Cheshire East Council and the VCFSE sector worked collaboratively to design and deliver a grants programme aimed at improving the physical and mental wellbeing of the local population and reduce health inequalities.
In addition to health and wellbeing grants, Cheshire East Council announced a cost-of-living grant, funded through the UK Shared Prosperity Government Levelling Up Fund.
The Cheshire East Council grant brochure shows grants that have recently been allocated through community grants, and includes the following:-
- Cost of Living – support for the VCFSE to respond to the needs of their beneficiaries through interventions, advice and support around the impact of Cost of Living crisis
- Mental Health Support & Interventions – support by providing early intervention and prevention to those experiencing mental distress and to provide timely support within community settings.
- Physical Health and Wellbeing – support to local communities, aimed at improving the physical health and wellbeing of our local communities
- Community Mental Health Transformation – support for people with Serious Mental Illness
- Visual Impairment – support for those living with visual impairment