Status and location
The Memorial is a stone cross mounted on a plinth. There is a crossed sword and rifle on the front face of the cross and a dove enclosed in a wreath on the front of the base. It was made by local stone mason Joseph James Broster using Kerridge stone from local quarries and was designed by Percy Hodgkinson of Kerridge.
Kerridge War Memorial is situated in a small, beautiful public garden on Oak Lane at its junction with the Rally Road (the old tramway which ran from Kerridge Ridge to the Macclesfield Canal).
Kerridge War Memorial is protected, and listed on the National Heritage List for England maintained by Historic England.
The Kerridge War Memorial Committee maintain the Kerridge War Memorial and garden. They also organise an annual parade and service on the second Sunday in July to commemorate the fallen.
The names of all the Kerridge men who laid down their lives during the First World War were engraved on the Memorial with the names of those who lost their lives during the Second World War (1939-1945) were subsequently added.