A Healthy Start to 2019
Ways to become fitter and healthier in 2019...
Many of us promise ourselves each year that we will make the effort to lose a few pounds or take more exercise. Bollington has a wealth of opportunities to do just that and listed below are some of the facilities, classes and walking options available.
The ALEX Project is an activity-based group aimed at providing support for those with Parkinson's disease. The group meets at Bollington Leisure Centre every Wednesday morning during term time to encourage Parkinsonians to take part in exercise and remedial massage in what is described as a friendly welcoming environment. For more information email email@example.com
Bollington Health & Leisure,
Heath Road, Bollington SK10 5EX Tel 01625 574774 www.bollingtonleisure.co.uk
Public Swimming Times can be found here
Daytime and full gym memberships at varying prices to suit your needs and
budget. Teen Gym. Full memberships include access to classes and the pool –
Not a Member? Not a Problem There are plenty of pay as you go options to
help you start the year as you mean to go on.
Exercise classes, including Spinning, Zumba, Yoga & Pilates
Sauna, Steam Room & Jacuzzi. Treatments, including massage, sports massage, facials & nail treatments.
Fitness4All, Adelphi Mill,
Grimshaw Lane. SK10 5JB
Tel 01625 575760
Many types of membership available including pay as you go.
Plenty of different classes classes including Zumba, Pliates, Fit Cycle, Boot
Camp, Beach Body, Pump.
Teen Gym offers supervised gym sessions for 13-15 year olds.
Carla Gilder Fitness
offer a range of classes at the Scout
Hut in Bollington including Zumba, Pilates, Insanity, Pump,
Fusion, Sweat Box & Boxercise. For details please visit
http://www.carlagilder.com/ 07753 170424 firstname.lastname@example.org
- ZUMBA click here for classes near here
- ONELIFE PILATES - Chartered Physiotherapist and Certified APPI Pilates Kaye McGowan runs OneLife Pilates. Sessions take place in the Civic Hall, Bollington on Mondays and Fridays. Contact Kaye on 07973 765260 for more details email@example.com or visit the website or Facebook Page
- Age UK also have local walking groups. Details here or contact 01625 612958
Deborah Ann Graham - Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Leisure Centre and Fridays at the Civic Hall 1.30pm Click here
Dru Yoga classes - click here for contact information
- KARATE At the Scout Hut, Tytherington High School, or St Gregory's School. Please visit www.makusho.co.uk
- DANCE Adult Ballroom, Latin & Sequence Dance Classes, Beginners, Improvers and Adults Intermediate and Private Lessons. Civic Hall, Bollington. Childrens Timetable available. Tel 07742 104405 Website: http://www.dancetech.uk/
- WALKING If walking is more your thing then join one of the local organized walks. The Bridgend Centre run regular short, moderate and longer walks taking in points of interest and local history along the way. These graded circular walks start and finish at the Bridgend Centre unless otherwise stated and cost £2.50 per walk.This includes tea, coffee and biscuits at end of walk.The walks are listed on their website, in the monthly What's On Publication or telephone the Bridgend Centre on 01625 576311, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. There are also regular walks to be found on the East Cheshire Ramblers website.
To find walks that you can do by yourself please see the Useful Publications section in the What's On or you can download a wide selection from the Walking in Cheshire website.
- NORDIC WALKING Nordic Walking uses poles to in order to add two major benefits to walking. The use of poles means the upper body muscles are used as well as the legs. The poles help to propel the walker along – this means he/she works harder than usual yet the support given by the poles makes it feel easier! Nordic Walking is a specific fitness technique and is not to be confused with trekking or hill walking. Nordic Walking technique MUST be learnt correctly if the participant is to get the most out of the activity – the full Health technique that ensures the whole body works efficiently is only taught by NWUK qualified Instructors. To find a local instructor please visit https://exercise-anywhere.com/ or watch out for the Free Taster Sessions which take place periodically.
- MAMAS WHO MOVE - work out with your baby
Get fit/ have fun/ make friends. Designed especially for post-natal women. Bollington Arts Centre - Thursdays at 10.30am
- SLIMMING WORLD Tuesdays 9.30am and 7pm at the Life Church, Hawthorn Road or at the Tytherington Club 7pm Wednesdays, Tytherington Family Worship 9.30am Thursdays
- WEIGHTWATCHERS Nearest groups meet in Macclesfield. For details of groups in SK10 area click here
Free downloads of several different exercise class videos can be found on their Fitness Studio page and you can also download their NHS 12 week weight loss plan or get running with the Couch to 5k Plan
If you know of any other local groups, businesses or simple ideas which could be mentioned on this page please get in touch.