New Kerridge Reservoir - How will these works affect access to Redway, Lidgetts and Windmill Lanes?
Works on the new service reservoir and will commence on site on the 09 March 2020, with a finish date late spring 2021.
What will our work involve?
• Tree pruning along the access routes, Windmill Lane, Lidgetts Lane and Kerridge Road.
• We are also trimming trees on Oak Lane and Clarke Lane in case we need to use this as an exit route.
• This will commence early March 2020 after any trees to be trimmed have been checked by an ecologist.
• Closing Lidgetts Lane to all traffic, motorised, horse or pedestrian for up to 14 months. This is to ensure safety of all concerned.
• Erecting temporary fencing around our construction site
• Setting up a temporary contractor’s compound area within the existing Marksend Quarry
• Building a new covered service reservoir and small single storey control kiosks.
• Pipe work connecting the new reservoir to the existing reservoir on Lidgetts Lane.
• Landscaping on completion of the building works
How will this affect you?
Tree trimming will commence 02 March 2020
• Our work on site will start on 09 March 2020 when we will close Lidgetts Lane for up to 14 months, although we hope to be finished sooner.
• A signed diversion will be in place directing traffic along Kerridge Road and Rainow Road.
• Residents of the cottages at the beginning of Lidgetts Lane will still have access from Rainow Road.
• Our hours of work will be 07.30am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday, and if required 07.30am to 1.00pm Saturday.
• To manage the flow of delivery vehicles along Kerridge Road to site, we intend to use STOP/GO boards, with operatives placed at the junctions of Kerridge Road with Swanscoe Lane; Windmill Lane at the access to Endon Quarry (where our large construction vehicles will turn round) and Kerridge Road junction with Lidgetts Lane. This will enable control of vehicles to ensure that we do not have ‘nose to nose’ situations on the narrow single-track lanes.
• Motorist may find themselves ‘held’ at the traffic control points whilst construction traffic is travelling in the opposite direction. Please be patient with us, we will work to keep this to a minimum.
• We hope that by utilising the STOP GO boards we can manage traffic and not use the Windmill Lane, Redway Lane, Oak Lane and Clarke Lane exit route.
• We are working closely with Cheshire East Council Highways Department. These closures will be in place from 9 March 2020 until the work is complete in spring 2021
• There may be an increase in noise, although our site team will do all they can to keep this to a minimum.
Still have a question?
You can call 0345 672 3723 quoting Project number 80060309.
Are you registered for MyAccount? It’s a free service and easy to register. You can manage your water bill account online and we can also keep you updated about supply issues in your area. Visit unitedutilities.com