Works to Kerridge Reservoir - Advance Warning that Redway will be closed to through traffic
Keeping Kerridge Reservoir in tip top condition.
A message from United Utilities.
We supply water to around seven million customers across North West England every day, helping people and businesses to go about their daily activities without a second thought when they turn on the tap.
Our reservoirs are key to keeping taps flowing and it’s important we ensure they’re kept in tip top condition. To enable us to do this we need to construct a new reservoir in the field opposite Kerridge Reservoir to allow us to carry out maintenance and improvement work on the existing reservoir.
What will our work involve?
· Erecting temporary fencing around our construction site
· Setting up a temporary contractor’s compound area within the existing Marksend Quarry
· Tree pruning along the access routes, Windmill Lane, Lidgetts Lane and Kerridge Road to allow our construction vehicles to pass.
· Building a new covered service reservoir and small single storey control kiosks.
· Pipe work connecting the new reservoir to the existing reservoir on Lidgetts Lane.
· Landscaping on completion of the building works
How may this affect you?
· Our work is due to start October 2019 and is expected to be complete around Christmas 2020
· Our hours of work will be 07.30am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday, 07.30am to 1.00pm Saturday, if required.
· You may notice an increase in traffic as construction vehicles travel to and from the site
· There may be an increase in noise, although our site team will do all they can to keep this to a minimum.
· Due to the narrow nature of Lidgetts Lane we need to close the lane to traffic and pedestrians.
· We also need to close Kerridge Road, Windmill Lane and Redway to through traffic, but will maintain access for residents, businesses and associated services.
· We are working with Cheshire East Council Highways Department to put these arrangements in place. These closures will be in place from October/November 2019 until the work is complete.
We would like to give you the opportunity to come and meet the project team and see our plans.
We are holding an informal drop in session at Hollin Hall Hotel, Jackson Lane, Kerridge SK10 5BG on Thursday 12 September 2019 between 2.30pm to 7.30pm. This will give you the chance to ask questions and understand how our work may impact you.
And don’t worry there will be no disruption to your existing water supply during these necessary works. We understand construction work can be inconvenient and thank you for bearing with us.
Still have a question?
You can call us on 0345 672 3723 quoting Project number 80060309.