To celebrate The Queen reaching 70 years of service, there is an extended Bank Holiday from Thursday 2nd June to Sunday 5th June 2022.
As part of the official celebrations for HM The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, communities across the UK are encouraged to come together on Sunday 5th June for The Big Jubilee Lunch, whether tea and cake, a picnic, BBQ or street party.
What is a street party?
- Are enjoyable free, community events which allow for neighbours to come together and celebrate.
- Have activities suitable for families.
- Are held in residential streets and are considered to be open solely to residents, their family and friends.
- Are self-organised by residents or a chosen ‘neighbourhood committee’ or community group.
- Have an agreed start and reasonable finish time agreed by the residents.
Holding a street party in Bollington
In order to hold a street party, an application for a temporary road closure needs to be submitted to Cheshire East Council.
Providing there is no sale of alcohol or hot food between 11pm and 5pm or provision of regulated entertainment, you are unlikely to need a temporary events notice.
Residents are expected to consult with their neighbours to negotiate amongst themselves the nature and content of the party and the timing of the road closure.
Residents are expected to provide, erect and supervise road closure notices, signs and barriers, although the council may suggest where barriers can be hired.
Some roads cannot be closed as they provide a key thoroughfare.
To help residents in Bollington safely host their own parties and ensure a collective of road closures do not prevent vehicular navigation (including emergency access and public transport) about the town, please contact email@example.com by Monday 28th February with the following:
- Tel No
- Location (road name) of street party
- Start time of street party
- End time of street party
Bollington Town Council will review all proposed street parties with Cheshire East Council before issuing guidance on applying for road closures and any other relevant safety information.