Main Function of Position
To assist in the provision of the financial management and support service to the Council.
To assist in the development and maintenance of financial systems, both manual and electronic.
GRADE LC2 18-23
HOURS 15 hours a week ideally over two days. There may be the requirement to cover an evening meeting.
Responsible to: TOWN CLERK
- To assist in the provision of effective financial management and support.
- To receive, check and approve invoices for payment, apply the relevant cost centre codes and raise payments by using an accounting system called ‘Scribe’ for Bollington Town Council.
- To undertake weekly banking for the Town Council, including relevant revenue assurance activity, processing onto the Scribe Accounts system (which is our accounting system) and prepaying income where relevant.
- To ensure that all financial data (manual and electronic) is input and maintained in a timely manner.
- 4. To manage the petty cash system.
- To record VAT transactions correctly to support submission of statutory returns.
- To raise invoices from our assets to relevant user groups.
- To produce and reconcile end of month reports – to include accruals and prepayments calculations and payment processing, income reconciliations, check on suppliers and employees standing data.
- To collect and produce all receipts due to Bollington Town Council in a timely manner and perform regular debt collection activity.
- To maintain the fixed asset register for Bollington Town Council.
- To complete the payments schedule for Full Council every month
- To reconcile the bank statements for Bollington Town Council.
- To assist in the preparation of budgets through the annual budget setting process.
- To assist in the production of monthly budget monitoring statements and reporting on the annual budget regularly throughout the financial year.
- To liaise with other financial service providers which will include the internal and external Auditors.
- To place orders for goods and services, in accordance with the Council’s adopted Financial Regulations.
- To have an awareness on the application of the Council’s Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and policies relating to finance.
- To undertake identified training.
- To promote the principles of customer care, equality, quality management and good health and safety standards in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Council.
- To carry out all reasonable duties within the competence of the post holder and at the direction of the Town Clerk.
To apply, please contact email@example.com