All libraries will:
- provide warm welcoming spaces and comfortable areas to sit during normal opening hours. See libraries webpages for opening hours. This will include seating for individuals and areas for people to socialise.
- signpost vulnerable users to charities and other council departments
- be involved in gifting resources in partnership with local charities/organisations eg duvets, hot water bottles etc.
- provide activities and drop-in sessions for all age groups/user groups.
- provide free library membership which enables customers to access a wide range of free resources, hard copy and online, that can be used in the library (and elsewhere).
- provide library members free WiFi, free computer use for an hour each day, and space for home workers
- have sockets where phones and devices can be charged
Extra activities in libraries as part of this initiative:
- Libraries will provide extra help desks/opportunities for community organisations or council organisations. For example, advice and information on reducing household bills, saving energy and tackling debt.
- Libraries will provide additional activities such as games and crafts, to do as a drop-in activity to keep people amused for long periods of time.
- There are some new groups starting Autumn, for example several new reading groups, conversations groups etc.