How we work with other organisations
Bollington Town Council works closely with a number of community organisations – with the aim to first and foremost achieve positive outcomes for the town. In doing so, we have strengthened relationships and established informal partnerships. This has been achieved through Councillor representation at the organisation or through support from and collaborative work with council staff.
Cheshire East Council is the district council; responsible for highways, waste management, playgrounds, council tax and car parks.
One of our Town Councillors, Cllr Ken Edwards, is also a Cheshire East Ward Councillor, enabling for effective communication between the town and district council.
How we work with the local community
Bollington Town Council works with a number of community groups and local people in the following ways:
- Provide support to the annual Well Dressing Opening Ceremony and week long festival by arranging the road closure and providing Town Warden time
- Provide support to the annual Kerridge War Memorial parade by arranging the road closure and providing Town Warden time
- Provide support to Love Bollington Market by arranging road closures and providing Town Warden time
- Organising a Civic Sunday Parade and Service with Bollington Brass Band and the Parish Vicar, to which local organisations are invited
- Organising Remembrance Sunday with the Bollington Branch of the Royal British Legion, Bollington Brass Band, the Parish Vicar and Canalside Community Radio
- Delivering a Christmas event with children’s activities, a Christmas market, food and drink and Canalside Community Radio with support from Friends of the Rec and the local guides
- Organising the Christmas Eve ‘Carols Around the Tree’ with Bollington Brass Band and Canalside Community Radio
- Commemorating the Queen’s Jubilee with a beacon on the White Nancy hill with support from the local fire fighters to light and attend the beacon and a bugler from Bollington Brass Band
- Commemorating the King’s Coronation with an event including a dog show, dog agility, children’s activities, food and drink and music with support from Friends of the Rec
- Mayoral visits to the local primary schools and in 2023 working with the schools on a Green Week art exhibition with support from Bollington Arts Centre
- Mayoral visits to organisations in the town such as the Air Cadets, Brownies, Scouts, Bollington Borrowers and library
- Working with volunteers on floral displays around the town
- Awarding grants to local community groups
- Displaying posters for local events or information in our noticeboards
How we work with organisations and services
Bollington Town Council collaborates with and shares communications from several organisations and services. Councillor representatives have been appointed to certain organisations and services where a more formal relationship exists.
- Bollington police – the council provides a base at the Town Hall for use by the PCSO and for police surgeries. Monthly police incident reports are provided to the Community and Environment Committee. Cllr Snowball is the council’s police liaison
- Bollington fire service – monthly fire and rescue incident reports are provided to the Community and Environment Committee
- Middlewood Partnership – regular updates provided to the Community and Environment Committee
- Bollington/Disley/Poynton (BDP) Care Community – council staff attend online meetings with care professionals and other local organisations
- North East Cheshire Community Partnership (NECCP) – Cllr Maitland is the NECCP Councillor representative, attending meetings and reporting back to the Community and Environment Committee
- Bollington Health and Leisure (BHL) – the Town Clerk meets regularly with the BHL Operations Manager. Cllr Ellwood and Cllr Edwards are the BHL Councillor representatives
- Bollington Initiative Trust (BIT) – the Town Clerk and Councillor representative, Cllr Edwards, meet regularly with BIT
- The Bridgend Centre – the Council has regular contact with the centre in support of the services they offer